How Perfect Are You? | Paul Coelho





He was talking to a friend, who asked him: Have you never considered getting married?


I have, he replied. In my youth, I resolved to find the perfect woman. I crossed the desert and reached Damascus, and I met a lovely, very spiritual woman, but she knew nothing of the world. I continued my journey and went to Isfahan; there I met a woman who knew both the spiritual and the material world, but she was not pretty. Then I decided to go to Cairo, where I dined in the house of a beautiful woman, who was both religious and a connoisseur of material reality.


Why didn't you marry her, then?
Alas! my friend, she was looking for the perfect man, he replied.


- From Stories for Parents, Children and Grandchildren by Paulo Coelho
- Paul Coelho is brazilian Novelist and a Lyricist and one of the most influential authors of all time

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.