The Forest



The fields of my heart, now lay barren.
once, flowers used to blossom.
the bees played it's pollinating games.
moonlight danced in the plains.

the perfect skies gave birth to clouds like the curls of your hair
butterflies scattered the dust of sweet secrets
the forest once brimming with life
with songs that are blithe

where did you go my love?
I don't hear you anymore
the flames of your love
have the burned the entire forest down

this insanity is all that is left of me
the knots of my barren heart tighten
at the thought of what it all could have been
and this yearning has made me all weary

my words now fade
just like smoke from dying flames.
with nothing left to burn
I offer my heart, to the flames

and I felt the breeze
like feather across my face
it carried your whispers of my name
to my ear

at once
that dying forest

burst back into life

No comments: